Are you passionate in delivering high-quality medicine? Do you thrive at the opportunity to lead, develop, and manage staff? Are you someone looking for the best of both worlds, doing house calls and clinic visits? If you dream of finding a practice where you can potentially be a partner one day, this may be the practice for you!
We are located in Bushwick, a neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. Our neighborhood is full of interesting history, from warehouses transformed into galleries or music venues, to vintage shops on every block. There’s a great selection of local coffee shops and restaurants. Take a stroll around the neighborhood to view the eclectic art scene.
The Neighborhood Vet started as a privately owned house-call business. With a board-certified specialist in emergency medicine, we blend advanced techniques and skills with compassionate care. Our mission to raise the standard of care has led to a strong reputation and client following. We have been expanding our business to a full stationary clinic with 2 exam rooms, a treatment room, and areas for dental and surgery! We have state of the art equipment with Heska Chemistry, CBC, electrolyte machine, ISTAT, doppler blood pressure, Cuattro HD X-ray, Biox portable dental radiography, Ultima 250 dental unit, and more! If you are looking for a place to demonstrate your skill set and ignite your career, this is it!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of small animal cases
- Provide education to clients and staff on recommendations and choices in care
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Guide and utilize exceptional support staff
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited University is required
- Minimum of 1 year of internship training or 2 years of clinical experience
- Experience with acupuncture and/or physical therapy preferred, not required
- Experience with small animal surgeries preferred, not required
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Strong team player with the ability to foster a culture of collaboration
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for continuous learning
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Insurance Stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Licensing fees, DEA fees, and Membership dues covered
- CE Allowance
- Bonus- 4 Day Work Week with a Flexible Schedule!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.